I was having several problems with the project:
- In order to initiate connection from the host's file server to the guest machine's application, I was forced to manually ping the guest IP from the host.. I was disappointed with that situation. Today, I went researching on the VMware support forum and found this thread. With the suggested method. I think I have cured my connectivity problem.
- The VM environment seemed sluggish, with the cursor disappearing for several seconds at a time and the VM becoming unresponsive. I subsequently discovered that my blog editor interface, which was open in a browser on the host, was at least partially responsible. I will be using a different editor in the future and will try to assess how much lag remains with in the VM. A quick review this morning, showed promising improvement.
- I was waiting for a fix to an crash I was experiencing while deleting all records from a volatile (memory only) file in my application. SIMPOL tech support sent me a new library for volatile files and I will test it soon. I'm expecting to put that issue behind me.
- I was also having an application crash when I tried to open a second window in my application. SIMPOL tech suport (thanks Neil) reviewed my sample app and explained what I was doing wrong. Soon, I will revise the logic accordingly and move on with the application. My next step will be to install Linux and try the app in that OS.
djinks Apps and Services: www.jinksinc.com